At Whittenburg Law Firm, our legal team is dedicated to providing you with family law representation that is knowledgeable and effective in all types of matters. Whether you are involved in an ongoing divorce or are facing other child-related or family-related issues, we care about you, your family, and your future and are here to help you achieve the best possible results.
We know how deeply family law issues can affect you and your children for years to come. These are issues that are uniquely challenging, personally sensitive, and can evoke emotional insecurity and reactions that make decision-making difficult. That is why you need the legal understanding and backup of a law firm that will do everything possible to secure your best interests throughout the legal process.
These are all issues that can cause contention between parties. They require the services of a family law attorney who can help you negotiate terms with the other side to avoid the stress and expense of litigation. However, where necessary or appropriate, our firm knows how to fight for your best interests before a judge or jury.
We know every family law case is unique with its own set of family dynamics, needs, concerns, and objectives. Whittenburg Law Firm is here to help you achieve results that will best position you to move forward in life with confidence and security.
Whittenburg Law Firm handles all types of family law matters. These include but are not limited to:
- Divorce. These cases can involve both contested and uncontested cases, including high net-worth and same-sex couples.
- Child custody and visitation. Whether as part of an ongoing divorce or in a post-divorce situation, we fight for your parental rights as well as your child’s best interests.
- Child support. While subject to state guidelines, we can help you seek support payments that are fair and just as well as adhering to what is in the best interests of the child.
- Division of marital property and debt. In Texas, the marital estate is considered community property and is divided in a fair and just manner. We work to ensure your estate is distributed with your best interests in mind.
- Alimony/spousal maintenance. This type of financial support may or may not be awarded depending on the circumstances of your case.
- Paternity. Unmarried parents may need to establish paternity to secure child support or custody rights.
- Prenuptial and post-marital agreements. These set forth arrangements for how property and financial matters will be handled in the event of divorce.
- Protective orders. Where family violence has occurred, these orders may be sought through the courts to protect alleged victims and their children.
- Modifications of family court orders. You may need to have child custody and support or alimony payments modified through the courts when life circumstances change.
- Enforcement of family court orders. Enforcement may be necessary when parties to custody and support orders fail to comply with them.
Schedule a Confidential Consultation with a Family Law attorney in our Amarillo, Dallas & Lubbock Offices.
“Working with Elba has been a wonderful experience. Anytime I have had a question or a concern, I know that I can call or email Elba.”
“Whittenburg law firm has the greatest legal staff !! Zelda & Elba has always stood by my families side and always ready to answer any questions! Elba's guidance has made all my legal preparations easy !!”
Now we are happily, blessed, more excitement of making new chapter love together.
“We couldn’t be happier with your service God bless you more and more! Thank you very much for everything!”
We are happily married in the land of the free.
“Me and my petitioner now my husband were so happy with the results of my applications. I tell you guys they are so great.”
You feel the family atmosphere and they answered any of the doubts we had.
“Everyone in the office treated me very well from the beginning. I am very grateful to them and I recommend them 100%.”
David Strange is Board Certified in Immigration & Nationality Lawby the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
We Have Nearly 40 Years of Combined Experience
We Make the Process as Simple as Possible
We Know First-Hand What You're Going Through
We Have Three Locations in Texas with Many Resources