Family & Marriage Visas

Family & Marriage Visa attorneys

Serving Clients Worldwide from Offices in Dallas, Amarillo & Lubbock, TX

Immigration through marriage and family is one route toward obtaining the right to live and work in the U.S. as well as providing a pathway toward citizenship. Family-based immigration is one of the most frequently sought routes for obtaining a green card that authorizes you to live and work anywhere in the country. Bringing families together is a highlight of immigration law for Whittenburg Law Firm. We take pride in reuniting families here from all over the world. 

If you are a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) or a U.S. citizen who wishes to sponsor a family member or your fiancé(e) to this country, Whittenburg Law Firm can help. Our team is well-versed in the procedures you must undergo to achieve these goals and has the experience needed to ensure that your case is handled with the utmost professionalism. We can help you avoid mistakes and pitfalls that can lead to delays and denials and oversee your case from start to finish.

Speak with a Family & Marriage Visa Attorney Today

As a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) who is at least 21 years old, you can sponsor an immediate relative for a green card. These family-based visas are unlimited in number for each fiscal year.

Immediate relatives include:

  • Spouses 
  • Children under the age of 21 (unmarried)
  • Parents

In the family preference category, a limited number of visas are available each year. In this category, U.S. citizens may sponsor:

  • Unmarried children aged 21 and older
  • Married children
  • Siblings aged 21 years and older

In the family preference category, lawful permanent residents can sponsor:

  • Spouses
  • Unmarried children under the age of 21
  • Unmarried children aged 21 and older

Applications for family-based visas are done through petitions. For those already in the U.S., the process is called Adjustment of Status. For those outside the U.S., the process is done through Consular Processing. 

U.S. citizens can also sponsor their foreign-born fiancé(e)s and their children for immigrant visas. These visas allow the fiancé(e) to travel to the U.S. for entry after which the couple must marry within 90 days. Once married, fiancé(e)s and their children can apply for green cards. 

Whittenburg Law Firm is here to help your family secure the visas you need. We can assist you through all the necessary steps to bring your family together within the U.S. If you need to bring in a qualified family member, we urge you to reach out to us to learn more about the process and how we can help. 


Read our clients' stories
  • Wonderful Experience!

    “Working with Elba has been a wonderful experience. Anytime I have had a question or a concern, I know that I can call or email Elba.”

  • The Greatest!

    “Whittenburg law firm has the greatest legal staff !! Zelda & Elba has always stood by my families side and always ready to answer any questions! Elba's guidance has made all my legal preparations easy !!”

  • Now we are happily, blessed, more excitement of making new chapter love together.

    “We couldn’t be happier with your service God bless you more and more! Thank you very much for everything!”

  • We are happily married in the land of the free.

    “Me and my petitioner now my husband were so happy with the results of my applications. I tell you guys they are so great.”

  • You feel the family atmosphere and they answered any of the doubts we had.

    “Everyone in the office treated me very well from the beginning. I am very grateful to them and I recommend them 100%.”